We have an immediate need for “rubber meets the road” and “boots on the ground” interns. As an intern, you must meet these requirements:
- You must be at least 18 years of age, able to read, write, and converse in fluent English.
- You must have access to a reliable vehicle (car or truck), licensed and insured, and able to travel to a destination specified by a street address within the greater Las Vegas Nevada area or within Boulder County & Weld County Colorado areas with your own navigation and mapping tools.
- You must have digital photography, such as a high resolution smartphone or tablet. You will photograph the interior and exterior of homes for sale. You are expected to wear clean, business casual clothing and footwear, have proper personal hygiene, and engage in polite conversation and comportment. As an independent service provider, you are responsible for additional proper attire and precautions are required to comply with current medical safety procedures, such gloves, mask, and footwear.
- You must be able to lift 25 pounds without physical strain, transport a 6-foot tall yard post, and install & uninstall the post in the front yard of the house using your heavy hammer to drive the metal stake into the ground, your bubble level to align the post, and your cross-point screwdriver to hang the sign. We provide the yard post and sign. You provide your own transportation, your own tools (heavy hammer, cross-point screwdriver, and bubble level), and your elbow grease. You must have your own tools before you can accept a task. There are many YouTube videos showing how to install the yard post. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHgqV6_rnds
- You will digitally photograph the installed yard post and sign, and the interior and exterior of the house for sale, and then email those pictures to us. Check Zillow.com for examples of digital photography of homes for sale. If we need aerial photography, then we will hire a drone pilot with a commercial license and the necessary equipment.
- In some cases, you will also deliver or collect paperwork for the house owner.
- In some cases, you will meet at the home the prospective buyers or tenants to view the homes. In these instances, you are merely an escort to show the home; you are not negotiating the transaction. You will collect the key and brochures from us, meet the prospective parties at the scheduled time, unlock and show the property, and then lock the property and return the key to us.
- You are an independent service provider; if you break it, you bought it. You are responsible for any damage that you cause while performing the task.
You are an independent service provider, not an employee. You are responsible for your own costs, taxes, transportation, tools, insurance, meals, etc., and any damage that you cause. Our clients will associate your demeanor and competence with us. Therefore, we require your professionalism and courtesy.
Compensation is per task, which is similar to “piece work”, and tasks occur at random unpredictable intervals; we never know when we will get the next house under contract. You are not paid by your time spent, because this is not “time and materials” billing and you are not an employee.
You are hailed by text or phone call, and paid upon successful completion. When we have a task available, we will attempt to hail an intern on our list. The first intern who accepts the task gets the task. If an intern declines the task or does not accept within a few minutes or fails to arrive within the scheduled time, then we will cancel that intern hail and we will hail the next intern on the list. Our list of interns often changes, so we cannot guarantee when you will be hailed for the next task. We try to offer the tasks to our interns by cycling through the list in a round robin manner. The next intern in the list is hailed for the next task. If you decline the task or fail to respond or fail to perform, then you won’t be hailed again until we’ve gone through the entire list of interns.
Almost all tasks are during normal daytime hours (9:00 am to 5:00 pm) any day of the week (including weekends and holidays), and some tasks may involve evening hours (before 9:00 pm) or morning hours (after 5:00 am) for delivering or collecting paperwork, due to the home owner’s availability.
Each task should require less than one hour from start to finish, and you will be paid immediately upon successful task completion. Compensation depends on the physical effort of the task, and typically ranges between $15 (e.g., delivering or collecting paperwork, or escorting prospective buyers or tenants) to $25 (e.g., installing yard post and sign plus digital pictures) per task. You will know how much the task pays when hailed; you decide whether to accept or decline.
If you are unresponsive too many times when hailed, then we will remove you from our list; the professional courtesy of a response, either accept or decline, is expected.
Interns who demonstrate superior professionalism, aptitude, and competence will be considered for additional responsibility as an independent contractor for higher compensation in other areas of the business, including education and training as a private investor in real state.
This business is not a licensed real estate brokerage; we are only a private investment company focused on real estate investing, education, and consulting.
This independent service provider opportunity is available only on an “as needed” basis. It is not any kind of steady employment or job offer.
Contact us for more details.